What you need to know
- Starfield early access for premium edition owners began on September 1.
- For those playing with Intel Arc graphics, there were issues, acknowledged by the company.
- The first driver update is now available with important fixes specifically for Starfield.
It’s tough being an underdog sometimes, but Intel is certainly working hard on its Arc graphics products to make them as good as possible. But things always slip through the cracks, and in this case, it was Starfield, one of the biggest releases of 2023.
Intel acknowledged before the weekend that Intel Arc users were not having a good time in Starfield, and initially promised fixes by the time general release came around.
Fortunately for those who spent extra on early access, the Intel boffins’ have worked extra hard, and the first driver update is now available.
And as confirmed by Intel’s Ryan Shrout, there are more updates in the pipeline this week. As a reminder, Starfield becomes available to all, including Xbox Game Pass players, on Wednesday, September 6.
The new driver you’re looking for is version 220.127.116.1172 and should be available through Arc Control on your PC. If not, you can grab the driver directly from Intel’s website.
Here’s exactly what’s in it for you:
- Graphics Driver package has temporarily increased to significantly reduce the Starfield game load duration.
- Several Starfield game instability and visual…